March 30, 2013

Featured Gem: Stylist, Fatima Farmer


I started reading Fatima's blog back when I was in high school and just started blogging. During that time I was really into styling so I always checked in on her blog for tips and inspiration. I would also go on and read about her natural hair journey as well as her health and beauty tips. There was always something on her blog that intrigued me. Though I do not know her personally, I find that there is something very genuine about Fatima, and that is very admirable. I chose her to be the first Gem that I feature because I see a lot of myself in her and I find that she can be of inspiration for those interested in the art of fashion styling, natural hair, health + beauty, or simply just blogging. Get to know Fatima below. Enjoy.

Introduce Yourself.
My name is Fatima Farmer and I'm from Paterson, New Jersey. I am 22 years old and I am a freelance fashion stylist/image consultant.

How would you describe your style in one word?
In one word I'd describe my style as Versatile.


Who/What inspires your style?
I had a really hard time answering this question because my style is inspired by so many things. It's always changing, because I'm constantly changing. I love exploring different cultures, traveling and researching vintage fashions. I find inspiration everywhere. Just to name a few of my favorite inspirations 90's gangsta rap, Betty Page, Carmen Jones and Nefertiti.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years, I see myself running my own company, styling full-time and traveling the world with my husband & children if God permits it. That would be my "dream life." Honestly speaking, if none that happened I'd be fine as long as I am healthy and happy with whatever course my life takes.

Where can our readers find you? 
Twitter/IG: @fatima_ff
Tumblr/ FB Fan Page/Pinterest: SewingStardom

No comments:

Post a Comment